Atlus Persona Team
Shigenori Soejima (Character Designer)
February 17th, 2011 (Japan)
Catherine is currently scheduled for release in five different regions. It was released in Japan on February 17, 2011, and in North America on July 26th, 2011
Main article: Gameplay
US LocalizationEditOn February 24, 2011, an article on Beefjack.com stated that Atlus had no plans to bring Catherine to North America. The following day, Atlus sent an e-mail to the Atlus Faithful mailing list with a single sentence on a Catherine-themed pink background: "Do you still like us?".
Speculation ran wild about the message until Atlus finally confirmed via another e-mail to the Atlus Faithful on March 1, 2011, that "...Cat's out of the bag", confirming a North American release for Summer 2011, later finalized as July 26.
Catherine has become infamous for its intense difficulty, with many Japanese gamers claiming it was impossible even on the easiest difficulty setting. The limited continues, short time limit and punishing AI were among the chief complaints.
On March 9, 2011, Atlus released a patch for the PS3 version that included a new "Super Easy" difficulty along with tweaks to make the game easier for players. This included granting more retries per pillow, and adding a drink Vincent can use to skip multiple sections of blocks. The Xbox 360 version of the patch was released on March 31, 2011.
Atlus stated the localized version not only includes the Japanese "Super Easy" patch, but also a much more balanced and extensive difficulty overhaul that was not possible to do in a patch. Hard mode, however, has been untouched.
The mandatory install size for Catherine on the PS3 is 2.5GB. Save files are 522KB each.
The optional install size for Catherine on the Xbox 360 is 5.2GB. Save files are 472KB each.
In the PS3 version, if the English version of the game is installed while the system is set in a language other than English (ex: French), the trophies for the game will be displayed in Japanese. As of now, there is no way to undo this action once the trophies are earned.
|Game Info · Gameplay · Puzzle Mechanics · Items · Block Types · Enemies · Difficulties · Scoring · Techniques|
- ↑ http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-12-07-european-catherine-release-date-announced
- ↑ http://www.kotaku.com.au/2011/08/catherine-finally-coming-to-australia/
- ↑ http://www.qvsoftware.com.au/releases/upcoming/2011/10
- ↑ http://beefjack.com/news/atlus-no-plans-for-catherine-in-north-america/
- ↑ http://www.siliconera.com/2011/03/09/catherine-patch-adds-super-easy-mode-and-power-up-drink/
- ↑ http://www.siliconera.com/2011/03/31/catherine-patch-dodges-deadly-fork-reaches-xbox-live/
- ↑ http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/605302-catherine/59073168
- ↑ Catherine Xbox 360 manual, page 6.
- ↑ http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=28757035&postcount=74
- ↑ http://www.siliconera.com/2011/03/23/catherine-animation-being-lip-synced-to-english-localization/